Serving the Body
Christ has called each of us to serve the body. Each of us is uniquely gifted to serve the family of God and its neighbors. Below are a list of ways you can serve at New Mercy Palisades. If none of the ministries fit the bill and you have a new idea for a ministry, please email the pastors at firstname.lastname@example.org. They're always open to new ideas!
Becoming a church that loves and cares for one another by doing life together.
Welcoming newcomers to our church as well as creating a space for new and existing members to meet and connect through breaking of bread and fellowship events
1. Be warm, inviting and hospitable to everyone
2. Be generous, kind and open to new relationships
3. Care for the people who are on the fringe and disconnected
4. Be intentional about welcoming people to our church
Cultivating small communities in which people commit to sharing their stories, encourage and pray for one another, and share in the study of God’s Word together.
To grow together in faith and spiritual maturity, rooted in the knowledge of the true gospel, and to “do life together.”
1. Cultivate a family atmosphere where people feel safe and are accepted
2. Encourage and equip leader, and look to train new leaders
3. Studying the Bible is most essential for spiritual growth
4. Flourishing in community happens when people exercise their authority in encouragement and prayer
5. Flourishing in community happens when people take risks and become vulnerable by sharing their struggles and prayer requests
To cultivate and expand community while sharing God’s grace with one another.
Foster fellowship among congregation through breaking bread together after Sunday service.
1. To serve people as Christ serves us
2. Live each day in thanksgiving for one another
Education (Mercy Kids & Mercy Youth)
Building spiritual foundation for the future generation.
Plant and grow seeds of faith by partnering with the Holy Spirit and parents.
Biblical Teaching The Bible teaches us how to grow in faith and also how to live this life. We are committed to teaching Mercy Kids and Mercy Youth the Word of God as the foundation to life. Partnering with Parents We believe spiritual formation begins at church but is fostered at home. By partnering with parents, we can teach our children the good news of Jesus Christ, guide them in the spiritual journey, and set biblical foundations more effectively. Family Worship There is something that takes place when families worship together. It is also formative for children and adults alike to see the different ways we worship. Safety Mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and social safety is very important for our ministry. We want Mercy Kids and Mercy Youth to be a place where the children can express themselves freely and safely. Whether it’s making sure the worship environment is safe from harm, or creating an atmosphere of acceptance and love, we are committed to making sure that every child who walks through our doors are well loved and cared for.
To care for the “orphans and widows in their distress” in our local community, with the ultimate goal of connecting people to the church.
Foster and coordinate churchwide efforts to provide direct, tangible forms of aid and relief to people in our local community.
1. In everything we do and in every partnership with other organizations, we seek to spread the gospel and bring people to salvation
2. "Religion that God and our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress..." (James 1:27)
praise & worship
To worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth, ushering people into the presence of God through songs of praise.
To pursue intimacy with Jesus, foster deep-rooted relationships with each other, and strive for musical excellence and creativity.
Honoring God more than music, we seek to honor the Lord in all that we do. That translates not only on stage but in our daily lives.
Passion - We strive to give God our all as we serve. This means giving Him our everything to challenge and grow in our creative giftings as a team
Community - Building a covenant relationship and friendship is something we value first before we do anything else. Whether it's through family groups or fellowship nights, we believe in building intentional relationships with one another.
Create a healthy, inclusive church environment through active fellowship that cultivates deeper relationships.
Unify the church body through recurring activities and one-off events that foster bonding opportunities.
1. Always remembering that God is the focal point of all of our activities and events and anything that detracts from this is not worth pursuing
2. Foster and active and inclusive church community through fellowship and Play Ministry events
3. Help newcomers and those on the margins have opportunities to be involved and feel welcome.
4. Have fun!
Create a worship environment that invites all to encounter God.
Seamlessly integrate the technologies of sound, video and lighting to convey the work of the Holy Spirit.
1. We are guided by the Holy Spirit
2. We center all aspects of worship on God
3. We prioritize congregational needs over performance
4. We set the stage for all voices to be heard in their praises to God
To be a people who abide in Christ, to know, pray, and live out the Father’s heart.
Empowering others to seek God and to know God by cultivating intimacy with the Father in prayer, by abiding, not striving.
1. We do not focus on ourselves, but we focus on what Jesus is doing. John 15:5 He is the Vine. We are the Branches. Apart from Him, we can do nothing.
2. Everyone has the same access to the Father. Encourage people to walk in this so that they do not rely solely on this ministry or any one individual for intimate connection with the Lord.
3. Cultivate an environment, culture, and heart of prayer in the community.
4. Mobilize opportunities for prayer and stand in the gap for others through intercession.
5. Set people free.
Stewarding church finance with God's financial principles to serve Christ more intimately and to freely serve Him.
"But who am I and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand." 1 Chronicles 29:14
"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
To steward the finances of the church and the congregation according to Biblical principles so that we can follow Christ more intimately and freely.
1. Prayer and planning go together
2. All information must be transparent
3. Cash reserves should be responsible
4. Empower ministries with flexibility and responsibility
To bring women in all seasons of life together.
Community. Connection. Empowerment.
Our identity in Christ - God made us in his image and we are co-heirs with Christ. Although the world is loud, God is louder and we want to stand in who He says we are in every aspect of our lives.
Sisterhood - God calls us to meet together do that we can spur each other on and encourage one another in love and god deeds (Hebrews 10:24-25). We need each other to walk through the different seasons of life. No matter what age or life stage you are in, you can find someone to walk with in this gathering of women.
Women Empowered - God blessed everyone with gifts, talents, and passions that are to be used for His glory. We want to empower women to walk in what God has given them and what God is calling them into to glorify his name. When the women get better, the world gets better.
Sundays | 10 AM
Palisades Park High School
1 Veterans Plaza, Palisades Park, NJ 07650
New Mercy Palisades Church
A church for the broken, called to restoration
Worship With Us
1 Veterans Plaza
Palisades Park, NJ 07650